Thursday, November 8, 2007

jet laggin'

last night i met with theresa and her coworkers for what felt like the korean version of the american happy hour, only this hour lasted until the early hours of the morning and was much more elaborate and on the company's tab. hellllllsyeah! i ate pork for the first time in a while and it was quite tasty...if i was more diligent, i could certainly fore go meat eating while i'm here, but, i think fully experiencing the depth of korean culture is to do so by the belly. mmmmhmmmm!

theresa's coworkers and friends are a great and rowdy bunch, very friendly, easily laughable! today, her friend, greg, was very kind to accompany me on my errands. i successfully opened up a bank account and discovered that i have to get my korean identification card in order to purchase a cell phone. i spoke in korean during these transactions and embarrassed myself for forgetting my manners on occasion by not using the proper and polite form. whoopsa!!!! tonight, if my jet lag doesn't get the better of me, i want to brush up on my korean skiiiiillls. i need to refresh my grammar!

i am seriously jet laggin' right now. LAGGIN!' i want very much to go to bed, to take a nap. but i'm going to try to powerhouse through my exhaustion and stay awake until i call it a night. my eyelids feel droopy...and i see lucy, theresa's cat, curled up and napping peacefully...well, she's also been napping pretty much all day. oh to be a cat!

No comments: