Wednesday, November 14, 2007

11.11.07



11.11 marked a holiday in korea called pepero day. what exactly is pepero day? it celebrates the creation of the ever sweet tasty snack which dominates the korean snack world, the pepero. i know it formerly as "pocky" and thought it was orginally japanese in creation. and a-ha! my suspicions are correct, as wikipedia states: "Pepero (빼빼로) is a cookie stick, dipped in chocolate syrup, manufactured by Lotte in South Korea since 1983. Pepero is a Korean snack which is a copy of the Japanese chocolate-covered cookie stick, Pocky."

sorry, pocky, it's pepero land here. happy (belated) pepero day!

long chocolate stick? oh jeez...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy pepero day! have a pepero (or a dozen??) for me.

Anonymous said...

Mmm, I LOVE pocky! One of my guards turned me on to pocky after she went on a little shopping spree at Lotte in Ellicott City! LOL! Pocky/Pepero....eh, whatever. Just enjoy!!! I can't believe there's a Day dedicated to sweetness!

H. said...

Those look tasty! (LOL)