Sunday, December 27, 2009

12/2009

lately, i feel like i've been all over the place.

ever since i came back from malaysia, i feel like life has been on super speed. besides training for work (going through orientation, meeting new co-workers, preparing materials, planning curriculums for an entire year!) i've started packing up my belongings again. i'll be moving to my own apartment in about a week and i'm incredibly excited to have my OWN private space again! i've enjoyed my interactions with my various roommates, but, i realized that ultimately, i like being in my own space, the autonomy, the creativity, the flexibility, more. with, of course, the option of invited company. option being the key word.

the gratitude i felt while i was experiencing malaysia is something that i've been consciously remembering during my daily routines back home. i have a renewed and recharged sense of appreciation for my family and friends who both near and far, have warmed my heart and made me feel cared for and loved with their simple acts of kindness. be it a phone call, a text, an email, replacing a missing pink hat, a hug--always, more hugs please!--love of eating, love of yoga-ing, love of laughing and embracing life, practicing positive and pro-active thinking.

i've recently met someone who shares my silliness, love of photography and food, and proclivity towards thought-provoking conversations. we're dating. and so far, it's been a lot of fun! i am especially drawn to his openness, at how easy it is for him to communicate and be communicative with me. i'm prone to over-thinking and over-analyzing and instead of allowing myself to fall into old habits, i'm trying to just be, be aware in the present without any unnecessary concerns about what is unknown. i'm working on not rushing the unknown into the known, it will come, in time.

No comments: