Wednesday, June 18, 2008

apparently i'm funny

humor. i easily find the littlest things funny. i love observing the ongoings around me. it humors me to see the things that don't make mundaneness. in the classroom, apparently i'm funny. now, i know that at times i can be funny. it's in my delivery, my tone. i'm funny in the silly-wacky variety and i also definitely enjoy laughing. in fact, i think i'm as crazy as i am in the classroom, to entertain the students of course, but maybe moreso to entertain myself! more than once, my students have told me that i could/should be an actress--sweet! korea tv shows!? what up!--or a comedienne. humor, i realize makes the kiddies learn, or at least pay attention and let's just be honest here. sometimes, i simply need them to pay attention. (the lil' rugrats!)

i'm finding that by being funny, my students actually remember what i say...it might not necessarily be the material i want them to retain. but i still feel like i'm making some sort of impact, which is rewarding.

No comments: