Sunday, March 2, 2008

p.p.p.

i went to the spa today! my first spa experience was glamorous, relaxing and painful. my friends diana, amber and i went to the park hyatt's park club spa--a fancy smancy place, with a great view of seoul on the 24th floor. unfortunately!!!!! i'm the dumbass that forgot her camera, so i'll have to spa again, just so i can show you its splendor.--where we relaxed in the hot tub, steam room and received our facials and upper back massages.

i received a wonderful facial from a very pretty beautician named lin, who pampered me with a lovely cup of tea while she massaged my feet. then, i received a rejuvenating yet stinging face treatment. i received the combination facial, calming and purifying for my skin needs to be calmed (too much damn stress!) and cleaned (and too much damn pollution in the air!) the first part of my facial was the toughest to endure because lin turned out to be a p.p.p.: a professional pimple popper. i don't pop my pimples. i was told that popping pimples can actually make your skin worse because it can spread oil to other parts of your face. because of this, i've left my blackheads alone. i say, let them work themselves out. lin, however, went to town. i think she must've popped at least 20 pimples! it hurt like hell! and afterwards, she showed me the nasty pimple junk all collected on the cotton pad. GROSS! my face, however, after about 5 masks later, looks good! and the massage afterwards was simply divine.

(*note: since i arrived in korea, my skin has been very unhappy with the environment. korean air quality is awful! and because of this, i've broken out in pimples of all shapes and sizes and i don't like it one bit! thankfully, the face products i ordered from acne.org are working. adult acne got you down? check it out!)

sunday spa days may have to become a monthly staple!

No comments: