Sunday, March 2, 2008

oh no you just DIDN'T!

i have had a rough week. it started out shaky--two new classes on monday--but gradually improved. when i was walking to work on friday afternoon, i felt pretty confident and relaxed. according to my schedule, i was assigned to teach two listening classes. classes i had taught three times already this week. sweet. i've got this under control, i thought.

oh hellllll no! once i logged in, i found out to my extreme dissatisfaction that my 4:30 class was indeed listening but my second class at 7:30 was a class that i have NEVER taught before and therefore have no idea, NO IDEA how to teach!!! wtf?! i thought maybe, just maybe it was an error on the computer, but nope, that was not the case. (you know that part in superbad where mclovin goes to the liquor store to buy the goods and he drops the canned beer? and then the store employee comes out and says, "excuse me sir, did you do this?" mclovin says, "no, i didn't and you should really clean this up because someone could get hurt..." and the employee says to himself out loud, "fuck my life." yeah, that's sort of how i felt...i had to laugh because what the hell else is there to do? but seriously, surrrrrriously, that was riDONK!)

so, in about ten minutes i received a crash course, literally. and considering the circumstances, i think i did alright. i definitely spoke quickly--i had extra time remaining and filled it up by talking about my family in the united states!--and loudly. i think i must have thought that i could mask my "i have very little idea of what to do" by overcompensating with volume. good grief! i was wiggin out!

and today, my first day off, yay! my friend diana is treating me to a spa date. i'm going to get a facial and a back massage and sit in a hot tub where my worries will steam away. i am so ready for it!

No comments: