Sunday, February 24, 2008

the end of my first term

this past saturday, i taught the final class of my first term of work as an english instructor in korea. unfortunately, there is no room for breaks, the next term begins on monday. with the exception of one class, i happen to be teaching a program that is new to me--no more classes focusing on memorization--that concentrates on listening and speaking skills. i'll be teaching higher level students which i look forward to, hopefully there will be less disciplinary situations, but i am a bit nervous that since my students will be in that awkward middle school stage, i'll hear only crickets chirping.

my speaking and writing class was my favorite class to teach. i know that as a teacher i'm not supposed to play favorites, but there was such a vibrant energy in this particular class, that it never really ever felt like "work." yes. that good. this is how i'd love every class to be: fun, engaging, and memorable.
sonya:

eddie giving billy bunny ears:

our class! say kimchi!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yay! what a great looking group!

PS. I think you should put the big silver balls sculpture on your blog too... ; )

H. said...

cute photos! You don't look much older than the students in that photo haha! I agree with kathi and whatever she is talking about that has to do with balls.