Friday, September 18, 2009

tick, tock, tick, tock...

crunch time is on. in less than 2 weeks, i'll move out of my apt. to where? i don't yet know. rather surprisingly, considering just how much i don't know, i'm being quite calm about this whole up in the air sort of business. i contribute that to realizing that it's not worth much to getting my panties all up in a bunch about shit i simply can't control. i'll either find a job before i have to move out, or i'll find a job after i do. no big whoop. no use in getting all kinds of crazy. it's unnecessary and that sort of drama is tiring as fuck.

i admit, it is a bit scary. i do have to get my shit together. i have to pack. i have to clean. i have to sort. and i definitely have to de-fuckin-clutter. simplicity, bitches. simplicity. i am uber uber grateful to my friend, theresa who has agreed to let me crash her pad in case the latter happens. i hope to not overstay my stay and am so appreciative of her time, space and generosity to be able to have the safety net in which to find and accept a job whose needs i suit and of course, a job that suits my needs.

i've definitely been active in getting my name and resume out there. i've sent more than a handful of applications and have had the luck of having interviews immediately. the jobs, so far, have been a bit lackluster, but i still have the hope and patience that the job i am seeking will seek a person like me in return. i'm fuckin radical, bitches. ahem. and modesty is clearly not one of my virtues, at least not right now. i think there's such a fine line of knowing your worth...and balancing that confidence with humility. i don't think you need to necessarily be modest when you advertise yourself. shake your motherfuckin tail feathers, suckers. shake em. own it. work it.

i take pride in the work that i do. i work hard for my money. so hard for it honey. i am worth it. ssssssssssseriously. (and, i'm just a wee bit tipsy right now.)

1 comment:

H. said...

I was juuuust thinking about how people have varying amounts of confidence and when is too much or too little. There are so many things to factor in!!! girl you could have even more because you are the shiiiiiit : )