Monday, July 20, 2009

without a celly

nothing like having something break on you to make you realize just how often you use it! last thursday, my cell phone started to act a bit odd by doing things i didn't tell it to do. it was having touch hallucinations. i dig my cell phone's touch screen, but not if it doesn't allow me to access anything.

so on thursday, it began to act strangely and by friday early evening, it was out. i couldn't text, i couldn't access my phone book, i couldn't call. the only functional thing was that people could call me. that's it. and in korea, most people don't call, they text--why? because it's mad cheaper. lucky for me, my friends rock and thankfully, i have skype.

my friends are amazing. no joke.
on friday, after i realized that my phone was on the fritz, i wanted to take it to the service center, immediately. just as i was about to grab my umbrella (we're in the thick of rainy season) i realized to my extreme disappointment that it was gone. GONE. some punkassbastardbrats stole my freakin umbrella!!! and i lost it. that was the straw, man, the final straw. i had had a strange day, a strange and emotionally draining week, and then my phone gets all whack and then as murphy's law would have it, my umbrella was stolen. i couldn't help it, nor did i want to, i began to cry...my beautiful friend, eun young hugged me, and told me that everything was going to be okay and she told me to cry, to let it all out. and it was really cathartic. i didn't want to, but i had to teach in 5 minutes, so i freshened up and went to work.

later that night, eun young called me and told me to go to the front desk after class. she said she brought me an umbrella! what?!? WHAT?!? i had mentally prepared myself to walk home, in the rain, and be done with it, but my friend, my sweet sweet friend, bought and brought me a new lovely umbrella. i almost cried again, this time, not because my heart felt so empty, but because it felt so full.

2 comments:

H. said...

Yay!!! I'm glad she's there!

squimbs said...

That was sooo sweet!! What a great friend!!! XOXO