Monday, January 12, 2009

back attack

in case you don't already know, two common things can apparently be rather potentially destructive to your back. 1) sleeping--especially if you unknowingly sleep in an uncompromising position. 2) violent fits of coughing.

this past week i suffered a debilitating 24+ hour cold that prevented me from going to work and literally knocked me out. i was asleep, on and off, for nearly 36 hours. the good news: i'm not sick anymore. the bad news: i think my previous sickness led to me current state of backpain. wtf? the only explanation i could come up with is that either the coughing or the sleeping, or a combination of the two, led to my sprained back. thankfully, i received and will continue to receive acupuncture treatments to help relieve the pain.

cuidado! the world is full of unknown dangers.

1 comment:

Eve Fox said...

coughing can definitely do it. so can puking. hope it gets better soon.