Tuesday, November 10, 2009

a mishmash of it all.

i've been feeling rather ambiguous lately. it's like even my thoughts are indecisive and causing layers of (mild) confusion...there must be something about the air, the season, the change in weather that has suddenly made me feel very introspective, calmly aloof, and quizzical all at once. these emotions aren't necessarily grounding, but at the same time, they aren't terribly intrusive either. it is what it is, and then it's not.

my days of not working have come to an end. i started working part time for my previous employer, not because i want to but because i've got living expenses that need to be addressed. such is life. i'm glad that i've got autonomy when it comes to choosing which days i work and more happily, not work. freelancing is appealing! but, i think that for me, what's more appealing is enjoying where i work and what i do. i've been thinking that, as long as i enjoy, as in actually really LIKE what i do, then i won't so much mind the intense hours--it'll keep me busy in a good way. (italy, italy, italy!)

my temporary digs is proving to be very comfortable and convenient. it's close to my old stompin grounds, so, i've gotten to know various bus routes very well and i love love love the fact that it's so close to the river. i've been running at least 3 times a week. i started with 30 minute runs and have gradually increased the time to an hour. there's something very refreshing about running first thing in the morning, it's like a healthy treat from a solid slumber.

lately, my heart is pining. not for anyone specific persay, but for someone...who will be right for/with me. i need a vacation outside of korea! good news! i think i just may head off to malaysia for a week!

No comments: