Sunday, November 15, 2009

lately...

for as relaxed as i can be, i sometimes have a difficult time simply being still. my brain wanders and wonders far too often and in multiple trajectories which makes focusing a strained difficulty. lately, one of the things that i've found incredibly helpful in pinpointing concentration, even more than before, is exercise.

i have a new-found appreciation for running, especially running along the han river in the mornings, when the sunlight casts a particularly attractive glow on the high rise apartments, bridges, and the bikers that pass me by.

this morning, i geared myself up for the sudden cold weather by wearing my sexy spandex pants, cozy fleece jacket, toasty mittens and hat. i ran against the wind, so my legs quickly became numb, but as i found my rhythm, i turned my attention to my surroundings and happily observed the brilliance of the sunlight on the yellow curb, the orange underside of the bridges, the blue of the sky...it was really, really stunning. i liked being able to think about nothing else but what my eyes focused on at the moment...and allowing the colors to sink into my brain. the lines of the buildings, the arches of the bridges. i like that running serves as a twofold exercise. i'm so taken with running that i'm thinking of signing up for a 10k and maybe in the spring, a half marathon! (totally inspired by amber!)

1 comment: