Monday, May 25, 2009

in america

it's hard to wrap my brain around the fact that i've been in america for the past 25 days. so much has happened in that duration and i've had very little time in between the happenings to process much. now that i'm back in my "room" in my parents' house in baltimore, i have some time to unwind and chill. when i reflect and remember all the happy things i've absorbed or witnessed during my sojourn back home, i feel all at once, overwhelmed with joy and love from my family and friends. thank you, thank you, thank you to my dear loved ones. i thank you with all of my heart, and with my heartiest of laughs. even though i am exhausted, i am not depleted of energy. i believe this is because i've felt so rejuvenated and revived from YOUR energy. that and i nap very well on buses, trains and airplanes.

so, where do i begin?
here's a quick overview of my time in the good ole us of a.
i arrived april 29th. played with julia, natalie, jessi, kate, shannon, angie, julia, jen, amy, jessica, betty, lots of babies, ryan, laura, and got the final wedding plans coordinated with my family.
my sister's wedding was may 9th.
i left for dc on may 11th, played gleefully with elsie, annie, kelly, jessie, emma, meaghan, slyvia, brendan, amber, heidi, beth, kristina, steffany, sebastian, katy, andy, wessley, julia, amanda, andrew, and chris.
i stayed in our nation's capital until the 18th.
flew to chicago, met with jennifer--my college roommate of 3 years and amazing friend! my b!--and was very very lucky. (more about that later...)
excellent timing, my brother was also in chicago for work, we ate a lovely homecooked meal together.
i took a bus to madison on the 20th, met with my college bud, lucas and stayed with my kindred spirit friend cassie, (on her farm!!!!!)
on may 21st i took the bus to minneapolis, met with carrie and erin, stayed with jesse, laughed with blythe, riske, benjamin, karl, heidi, dustin and abby.
flew back to bmore on may 23rd.
on may 26th, i will return to korea.
holy. shit. balls.
AWESOME.

2 comments:

KM said...

great seein you, girl-glad to be part of the playlist!

squimbs said...

Woo-hoo...Sounds jam-packed, but wonderful! What's this lucky business??? XOXO Glad we got to see you :)