Thursday, September 11, 2008

matters of the heart

a couple of my friends have asked me what, if anything, has happened/is happening with matters of my heart. while i know i have the great capacity to love and feel ready to accept love, i have not been in a deep relationship in quite a number of years. i've dated here and there and have learned a lot about how to feel comfortable dating. (and ahem, not dating!) i'm thankful for that knowledge and i'm not upset or displeased that i'm not dating right now.

despite the ever growing number of friends who are newly engaged, about to get married, married, pregnant, or already with child and children, i feel no urgency to be romantically involved. which is funny, considering how koreans can be so strict regarding the appropriate age for one to wed. this coming year, i turn 30 and basically, in korea, since i'm not married, i might as well consider myself a spinster for life. (imagine dramatic scary music here...FOR LIFE!!!) i will not waste my time worrying about such trivial matters. i've got bigger fish to fry. truly. i actually want to fry some fish. my heart is happy when my belly is full!

3 comments:

H. said...

If we were married to dudes right now, odds are we'd likely end up getting divorced. Statistically speaking. I like to look at my furniture and know it's not gonna be part of a custody battle.

KM said...

amen, sister. and throw some hot sauce on that fried fish. marriage is for suckers. and catholics.

mr. rogers says you're fine just like you are.

Anonymous said...

true words. true words. and fish is just so damn good.