Thursday, July 24, 2008

korea diarrhea

this might a bit t.m.i., but, i'm a gonna share it anyhoo. like my mind, my body has gone through its own share of adjustments and transitions. some minor, some major. this past week, my body's internal organs were the angriest they have ever, ever, been. ever. (heh heh, one more for more emphasis.)

i shared my woes with my friend who informed me that a week earlier, she had had suffered a bout of it as well. she also told me that when she went to the pharmacist for medicine, he informed her that many koreans are affected by the same condition. ha! korea's got diarrhea!

i'm not exactly sure what the causes were, but, it could have been a combination of humid and hot weather, eating too quickly and too large of a food intake at one time, ingesting too spicy of dishes, or just plain bad luck.

literally within 10-15 minutes after a meal, i'd hear and feel what i like to call the "rumbles in the tumbles." and well, i'm sure you can guess the rest of the story. thankfully, my tummy feels much much calmer, mostly due to a serious temporary shift in diet: plain rice, tofu, seasoned seaweed called κΉ€ (pronounced gheem), potatoes, and bananas. i've gradually been able add in more flavorful foods and would like to thank the n.i.h. website for the gentle food suggestions. be kind to your fascinating bodies and happy eating!

2 comments:

Anoushjan said...

i love you even with your korea diarhhea!!

KM said...

awesome. so glad to see someone else blog about poo. well done.