Sunday, July 6, 2008

how many days does it take to change a light bulb?

i'm no rocket scientist, but i do know how to change a light bulb. or so, i thought! Q: how many days does it take for me to change a light bulb? A: more than one!

on saturday, my bathroom light decided not to work and while i don't mind doing some of my business in the dark, most tasks are best done with light. i went to the store and found myself staring at and studying the different varieties of light bulb options. i was hoping that one of them would jump out and tell me that it was the replacement i needed. that didn't happen, so i picked one that was the correct wattage and length. back home, i took out the old and put in the new...flip the switch and bah! no good. hmmm!?!

sunday: back to the store, picked another bulb, chose a different brand, got reimbursed for the first light bulb and returned home. crossing my fingers (no bathroom light was starting to get irritating!) i flipped the switch. nothing. what?!?! dude. how difficult IS IT to change a light bulb? wondering what i was doing wrong, i convinced myself that it was the light bulb. to solve matters, i walked to a different store and looked at their light bulb selection. while i was trying to match the numbers and letters from my original bulb to the ones on display, a store attendant approached me and asked if i needed help. i must've been staring at them for a long time. i showed her my piece of paper with the light bulb information and she told me that any of the 36 watt light bulbs will work. A-HA! so it wasn't my light bulb at all! it was my light fixture! and sure enough, the maintenance crew replaced the thingamajig to the doohookie and now i'm back in the light. niiiiiiiiiiice!

No comments: