Tuesday, October 2, 2007

on becoming

these past few weeks, even months, i've been contemplating buddhist philosophies and becoming "comfortable with uncertainty," as pema chodron states. i've definitely noticed a shift in my thought patterns and am feeling much more confident in listening to my own voice--i'm currently reading siddhartha--and while it's sometimes difficult to maintain it, my voice and my breath, literally and figuratively, are perhaps the most elementally important things in my life.

these days, i'm focusing on listening to myself and having the courage to do the things i say i want to do without excuses, without creating self imposed blockages, and simply doing. when i want to sketch, do it. when i want to run, do it. when i want to do nothing, do absofuckinlutely nothing. maybe even allow myself times to do nothing more.

No comments: