Tuesday, October 30, 2007

b-a-n-a-n-a-s!




this past weekend, i went to nyc to visit my broski and friends before i leave the states in exactly one week. 7 days. 168 hours. (that shit is bananas!) i took the greyhound, which is usually a relatively pain-free way to travel. bah! this time, not so much. on the way to nyc from bmore, the 12:30 bus was a no show. everyone boarded the 2:20 bus instead which arrived into port authority at 7:30. ridonkulous. luckily, i was greeted by my brother and his gf, alison, at a fabulous greek restaurant called kefi on the upper west side. culinary delights make me happy!

my nyc visits are guaranteed to contain good food, amazing friends, smiles and laughs galore. this visit was no exception. for halloween, my brother was dressed as a banana. yes. a banana. it was hilarous! at his friend's party, he became known as and referred to simply as "banana." as a matter of fact, when i joined him at the party, i asked someone if they've seen a banana, and she told me, "yes! he's sitting on the couch." my brother's a banana, b-a-n-a-n-a!

1 comment:

Eve Fox said...

you crack me up! I just read all your posts (at least the more recent ones) and am loving the shift in you since you made your decision. I think this is gonna be good! I hope your flight is half empty so you can stretch out and that Seoul offers itself up to you like a ripe apple. you go girl!