Friday, November 2, 2012

what a wonderful morning! (happy friday!)

this morning, i awoke with a sudden desire to get things done. in the famous words of elvis presley, the king of rock'n'roll himself, i was in "taking care of business" mode. my business included grading tests, cleaning house, and going to my pole dance class!

something wonderful is brewing in the air today--even the bus rides to my dance class were truly...something else. normally, a bus ride to itaewon isn't so full of noteworthy observations, but, today, magic! on the first bus, the driver greeted me with a lovely smile on her face (ooh! a lady driver!--wearing a proper bus driver uniform, complete with a striped tie and vest, sporting a sassy short perm and fuchsia lipstick!--a very uncommon sight!) and proceeded to greet everyone other passenger that boarded her bus. and it wasn't some sort of lame forced greeting--it was joyous every time, like she really valued each passenger's presence. beautiful.

on the second bus, i noticed an older woman--an ajumma--board and i immediately offered her my seat. my backpack, loaded with heavy books, was on the ground next to the seat and instead of simply leaving it there, she hoisted it (after giving me an incredulous look that stated, "what the hell do you have in here?!?")  and set it in her lap. i told her that she didn't have to do that, but of course, she smiled and ignored what i said, securing it safely by wrapping her arms around it. kindness given is kindness received.

i'm now sitting in a cozy coffee shop, the sunlight is pouring in from the windows and i'm still happily taking care of business.

happy wonderful friday morning!








1 comment:

The Chong Song said...

Glad you had a nice day, sister. My friend also told me that she clicked on a link to your food blog (from FB, I think) and she thought it was well-written & really cool!