Wednesday, December 3, 2008

it's december

it's outrageous. it's december and there are still mosquitoes feasting on me in the middle of night, disturbing my already unquiet slumber, and thus making me even more cantankerous in the mornings. lil persistent bastards. it's not very buddhist of me, but, i was not so secretly pleased when i smacked the lil bitch to it's quick and easy exit from this world.

it's december, how t.f. did that happen? i was hoping i would be less busy in the wintertime, but that's definitely not the case, as evidenced by my blog-lessness in the past couple of weeks. where shall i begin?

let's begin with my stomach. i just downed 4 rather well proportioned man-doo (만두) and i decided against eating the 5th, i'll save it for later. they were absolutely delicious! i bought them on my way home from my korean class, and right now, instead of having to get ready to go to work, i'm tickled that i have time to relax...you see, today, until this friday, i'm teaching morning classes in place of my office hours so i get to have a sizeable chunk of the day to myself. (APPLAUSE!) ah, you should know however, that i had to get out of my bed at 5:55am. no joke. before 6 am. my first class started at 6:40, followed by 7:40, and lastly at 8:40. OOOOOOOF! and surprisingly, i was incredibly alert and attentive to my business conversation students, who were quite entertaining.

besides teaching english and learning korean, i've been keeping busy by being what i'd like to call a language buddy slut. now, i'm not really being a slut in the traditional sense of the word, but rather, i've been adventurous in terms of meeting lots of different people for language exchange. it's been fun! it's sort of like internet dating only minus the dating part. i've met three guys so far, at cafes, restaurants and bars. tomorrow night, i'll meet another and i have a few more in process--see what i mean!-- mostly because it's difficult to even find a language buddy match!

just yesterday, my friend read my tarot cards and the cards advised me against any romantic interests. unrequited love from a player may strike...however, not all is hopeless. the card readings are only for a 3 month period and apparently, my work (a new job?!?) should be very very successful! hmm...interesting. interesting, indeed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i've been getting misquito bites on my face lately! tiny little itchy buggers. T.T not cool. not cool at all.