Sunday, October 30, 2011

making the most of it all.

when i (happily) left korea, i had no (immediate) intentions of returning. it's not that i didn't enjoy my time, but, teaching 6 days a week and stressing out too often were just WRONG. i vowed to change the way that i lived my life and made daily happiness a priority.

the past year has been so abundantly rich in daily joys, from living at home and reconnecting with my parents, being witness to the most amazing feat of life in the birth of my beautiful niece, jaina while marveling the strength and determination of my sister during her au natural labor. i've also embraced and expressed gratitude for the warm support and loving encouragement from my amazing circle of friends during a serious transitional period in which i realized the direction i want to lead my life.

during this season of harvest, it seems fitting that i'm reflecting on all that makes me feel so full. i am happy to be here, in the now, and feel so connected, renewed, rejuvenated, inspired. in a random turn of events, i was presented with an opportunity to return to korea to teach english at the same academy for one more year. although this is not directly involved with my current passion to learn as much about farming in the hopes of owning and operating my own farm, it is still a good and necessary step in the right direction as far as securing finances for myself for the long term.

i just bought my plane ticket to seoul! i'll be flying out on january 2nd, landing january 3rd and starting work the next day. bring.it.on!

No comments: